Sunday, September 22, 2013

Home Automation Project #3 - WebApp

I posted last week about the Raspberry Pi Light Switch (link here) and wanted to share the web pages I've developed to controlling these home automation devices. Starting with the Lighting:



As you see in the pics the status light changed on the Lamps button.  It happened when I pushed the Lamps button on the web app which then turned the Lamps on and indicated they were on the web app.  If I were to physically press the button the webapp would indicate the change within a second of the light coming on (thanks to html5 server push and AJAX).  I've made my router a vpn server so I can securely do this from anywhere I have an internet connection or cell service.  (And now the wife's asking me why I keep playing with the lights....I am writing this at work, oops. )

If you have questions or comments don't be afraid to ask.



 Here's a sneak peak of what's coming up in the series:



No comments:

Post a Comment